The checkout page is one of the most important pages in every online business. A well-structured checkout page with minimal checkout steps will help reduce cart abandonment significantly.
According to recent research by barilliance, over 3/4 of customers choose to leave the site without completing a purchase after adding product to cart. Long and confusion checkout page is one primary reason that stops customer from finishing their purchase.
In Magento 2, the built-in checkout page was optimized much better compared to checkout page in Magento 1. Checkout steps in checkout page were reduced from 6 steps to only 2 steps and the load speed of checkout page was improved significantly.
However, the default checkout page is still far from a perfect checkout page for eCommerce. There’s no option to display all checkout steps in just one page and you cannot customize the checkout page to add or remove unnecessary fields.
In this Magento 2 product review, I will review 5 best Magento 2 one step checkout extensions that will help reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate.
All the extensions in this review have been implemented in different projects of my clients, so I was able to test and check them carefully for this review.
Top 5 Best Magento 2 One step checkout extensions comparison table
|Ranking||Product||Magento 2 compatibility||Prominent Features||Overall rating||Price|
|Onestepcheckout.com||CE: 2.1.X 2.4.X |
EE: 2.1.X - 2.4.X
|- Order totals updates dynamically in checkout page when customers change options.|
- Only single checkout step
- Create new account directly in checkout page
- Update item quatity, otpion directly in checkout page
- Auto detect country with GeoiP localisation
- Fully responsive on all devices
|Aheadworks Smart One Step Checkout||CE: 2.3.X 2.4.X |
EE: 2.3.X - 2.4.X
|- Advance conversion tracking, can track the performance of each checkout field|
- Multiple gateway
- Detailed abandoned cart Reports
- Fully customizable checkout page (edit and organize fields)
- Allow guest checkout
- Support up to 7 payment method
|Mageplaza Magento 2 One Step Checkout||CE: 2.3.X|
|- Support up to 50 different payment methods.|
- All checkout steps in one page
- Auto-suggestion powered by Google in address field
- Find me function (automatically search and fill in current address of customer)
- Fully customizable, change color theme, add/remove fields
- Abandoned cart email reminder
- Quick cart integrated (ajax)
|Amasty One Step Checkout for Magento 2||CE: 2.3.X 2.4.X |
EE: 2.3.X - 2.4.X
|- Custom field for Order and Delivery comments|
- 3 free checkout page themes to switch
- Detailed checkout analytic dashboard
- Save data for registered clients
- Allow editing order information in backend
- Guest checkout for new customer
|Fire Checkout extension||CE: 2.3.X 2.4.X |
EE: 2.3.X - 2.4.X
|- Up to 5 checkout page layouts|
- Customizable Checkout Success Page for cross-sales or up-sales
- Autocomplete address by Google
- GeoIp feature for auto-filling postal code
- MultiLanguage checkout page support
- Order Attachments (allow customers to attach image/file)
How I rate each Onestepcheckout extension in this review
I rate these extensions following these standards
- Is it fully compatible with Magento 2: All the Magento 2 one-page checkout extension in this review must be fully compatible with all Magento 2 version.
- Checkout page load time: To improve the checkout process, the extension must create a checkout page with a very fast load-time.
- Easy-to-customize: The extension must be easy to customize so that store owners can conveniently add/remove/arrange fields in the checkout page
- Pricing: Price/efficiency is very important; I always recommend a budget extension to my clients so that they can save money for other plans
- Support: Although all the extensions in this review are fully compatible with Magento 2, the support is crucial as Magento 2 is very complicated and sometimes installing a new extension may cause error/conflict on your website. I rate companies with good support higher in this list.
#1: Onestepcheckout.com for Magento 2
Price: $485 + Free installation
– Fast checkout page
– Easy to install, well-optimized code
– Fully compatible with Magento 2.1 > 2.4
– Super fast support
– High price, no free installation
– Support not free
– No backend demo
– Lack of user manual
Onestepcheckout.com is one of the most reputed checkout extension for Magento 2. They have been working with Magento since its very first version (2009) and till now, they still one of the best checkout extension providers in the market. Read their interview by Magento here
The extension transforms Magento 2 default checkout page to a completely optimized checkout page with only 3 steps in one page.
The extension allows new users with no existing account to create a new account directly in checkout page => This will help reduce cart abandonment as many customers are “lazy”. They might leave the checkout process if your checkout page redirects them to a new account creation page.
When customers make changes to price, for example, change product quantity, shipping method, gift wrap… the order total will be updated dynamically without refreshing checkout page
Customer can also drop a comment to notice store owners something they want and the comment will appear in admin section.
You can drag-n-drog to add/change/edit fields in checkout page.
Get the extension here: https://www.onestepcheckout.com/
#2 Aheadworks Smart One Step Checkout
Price: $299 + installation fee + 3-month free support
Front-end demo | Back-end demo
– Feature-rich, free installation
– 90-day free support
– Super helpful checkout report
– Quick and experienced support
– Some features require extra paid extensions
– Only 3 month support free
– Some payment methods not supported
– Lack of themes for checkout page
By far, Aheadworks’ smart one step checkout extension is the extension that I use mostly in every project. This extension help storeowner create an unmatched checkout page and it’s very simple to config this extension in backend.
You will be able to enable/disable newsletter option in checkout page. If enabled, buyer will automatically put into subscriber list to receive newsletter from your store.
Delivery option can be set to date only or date and time. From this section, you can also set available date and time for delivery (hold shift to select multiple days)
Here’s the best part, you can easily add/remove/edit or change order of checkout and shipping fields with drag-n-drop function.
To disable a field, simply untick enable. To make a field a *required option, select “required”
The checkout report and Abandoned Checkout Statistics are super helpful for storeowners. The information provided in beautiful graphic as well as detailed tables can help storeowner find out the reason why customers do not complete checkout step => Increase conversion rate
Aheadworks’ smart onestepcheckout use Google’s autocomplete address to suggest street address, which helps cut time on checkout page.
Up to 6 payments method available, you can choose to enable/disable the payment methods you want in admin => payment method section
You can also add many extra payment option in order review section. For example, you can add “Gift card”, Redeem Coupon Code, use store credit options in payment section
Price will be updated accordingly to the changes you made.
The extension also comes with:
- 45-DAY MONEY BACK
- FREE INSTALLATION
- 90-DAY FREE SUPPORT
- FREE LIFETIME UPDATES
You can be rest assured that Aheadworks will provide best support for your website.
Get the extension here: https://aheadworks.com/magento-2-extensions/one-step-checkout-extension-for-magento-2
#3 Mageplaza Magento 2 One Step Checkout
Price: $199 + No free installation
Front-end demo | Back-end demo
– Quickcart function very useful
– Drag and drop to customize field
– Quick support
– No free installation
– Abandoned Carts statistics requires paid extension
– Backend dashboard not user-friendly
– Checkout page quite long
Mageplaza onestepcheckout is the most feature-rich checkout plugin for Magento at the moment. There are many configurations you can made in admin section.
You can set default shipping method, payment method, enable/disable guest checkout ….
The extension allows admin to fully control what to display/hide on checkout page.
You can choose to hide or show Footer/Header, Discount Code, order comment, Gift message, Terms and Conditions.
The plugin also allow many login methods and you can configure all these login methods in Social Login section. The Social login feature supports almost every social network platform.
Customers can use their social account to login and create customer account without any hassle. This will save their time a lot => Increase the chance of a success checkout.
Order total is dynamically updated when there’re changes in order option. For example, if you increase item QTY from 1 to 2 => Order total will update dynamically without refreshing checkout page
You have full control over checkout fields in this extension. With a drag-n-drop feature, you can easily arrange fields
The checkout page can be redesigned directly in design configuration section
You can change checkout page layout from default 2 columns to 3 columns or 1 column. Heading background and order button color can also be changed directly here without editing css file.
What I don’t like about this extension is that the standard version has quite limited features. Some advanced features require extra paid extension or professional/ultimate plan
Get the extension here: https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-one-step-checkout-extension/
#4 Amasty One Step Checkout for Magento 2
Price: $319 + No free installation
Front-end demo | Back-end demo
– Friendly backend
– Support guest checkout
– Easily edit order info in admin section
– Fast load checkout page
– No free installation
– Only 3 month free support
– Support only 5 payment methods
– Need to pay $99 for Priority Support Service
Amasty one-step checkout Magento 2 extension allows store owner to change the default checkout page to one-step checkout page in just 5 minutes. This is one of the most light-weighted one page checkout extension for Magento 2
Admin can change checkout page style to adapt their need easily with Drag-n-Drop function. Title for each step can be changed here also. The plugin supports 3 layout styles: 1-column, 2-column, 3-column.
There are some important options in general tab:
- Allow to edit product in order summary: If disable, customer can’t change order detail in order summary section.
- Enable JS and HTML bundling and minifying for checkout page: this option is enabled by default to make the checkout page load much faster. The js and HTML code will be minified and bundled for faster load.
- Allow guest checkout: This option will enable/disable guest checkout. If you choose to disable => Customers are required to create account to finish checkout
We can organize checkout fields with drag-n-drop. Here you can also change width of checkout field.
If you want to change order details, there’s a section for that. Admin can change account information, billing address, shipping address.
This function is very helpful, for example, a customer input wrong name or shipping address and he contacted your staff to adjust => Admin will open this section to make necessary changes
This is a sample checkout page for customer using Amasty one step checkout extension
Get the extension here: https://mirasvit.com/magento-2-extensions/affiliate.html
#5 Fire Checkout extension
Price: $189 + free installation
– Reasonable price with Free Installation
– Feature-rich, easy to customize
– Compatible with Magento 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
– Fast and friendly support
– Lack of checkout analytic
– No order edit option
– Admin dashboard not friendly
– Limited payment methods support
Firecheckout has been providing Magento checkout extension since 2010, for both Magento 1 and Magento 2 version. Like onestepcheckout.com, Firecheckout is dedicated to providing checkout extension only.
The plugin has 5 layouts for checkout page, you can freely choose what brings the most conversion rate for your store
You can manage customer fields or address fields, checkout field in admin section. However, I do not like their backend, it’s not simple to use, especially for non-tech user.
The extension bring Google autocomplete address to checkout section. Customer just need to enter a few character and google will smartly suggest their address
Customer can attach file and leave comment to notify storeowner important note they want
Customer can update their cart directly on checkout page, the cart total will be updated dynamically
Admin can customize thank-you page, which will show after customer complete their checkout
The plugin support multiple languages for checkout page: German, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian. Right-To-Left (RTL) support
Get the extension here: https://www.firecheckout.net/magento-one-step-checkout-extension.html
Cart abandonment cost e-commerce stores hundreds of billions of dollars lost in sales. If retailers have a well-optimized checkout page, they can recover a lot of spending and also, keep customers come back to their store for feature purchase.
With these one step checkout extensions, the checkout step will be simplified and optimized much better.
If you haven’t taken any action to improve the checkout page => do it right away
If you have already implemented checkout page optimization and see the result, please share your knowledge with the community by dropping a comment below.
I do think our One Step Checkout extension can be here as a candidate 🙂
Our module covers the basic needs of a stunning one-step checkout for Magento, completes with a great doorway for customization possibilities. Automation is also well-incorporated to help your customer experience a smoother and faster checkout process.
We have the best price with a supreme after-sales package including support as well as a money-back policy. Give it a look: https://bsscommerce.com/magento-2-one-step-checkout-extension.html